Client comment: "As first time home buyers we were so grateful to have experienced realtors like Bev and Keith. They guided us through the whole process and helped us find exactly what we wanted." A and D (September 2015)
Client Comment: "Thank you so much, you and your wife are awesome to deal with" (JL)
ARE YOU STILL RENTING? WHY?
Effective January 1st, 2017, Ontario has doubled the land transfer tax rebate for first-time home buyers from $2,000 to $4,000. That means that a first-time home buyer will pay no provincial tax on homes sold for $368,000 or less. This is great information for rural Ottawa as the vast majority of homes available to first time buyers will fall under that price point.
OUR BUYER PROGRAM
Are you thinking about buying a home? Are you a first time buyer? Are you ready to compete with the thousands of other buyers who will be out looking for a home at the same time as you? Are you getting stressed out about the process? Are you worried about how to get started?
Bev and Keith have a package for buyers just like you. Whether you are experienced or a first time buyer, our aim is to make the buying process enjoyable and help you to find the home of your dreams.
A lot of buyers worry that the agent they choose will pressure them into buying a home. We don’t believe in doing that. We don't SELL you a home. We are here to ADVISE you and GUIDE you in your decision-making with no pressure whatsoever. We don't believe in pressure or arm twisting to make a sale and we have never found that necessary. Our task is to help you with your home search and you will know when you have found the home of your dreams. We can then guide you through the negotiating process to help you to get the best deal possible with as few hassles as possible. Isn't that what you want?
A great way to get started is a “buyer’s information” session where we can spend a few minutes with you explaining the process, what you will need to do and what we do for you. We will also review the searching and negotiating process with you. At the same time you have the opportunity to give us an idea as to what type of home you want, your preferred areas and you also get to ask us lots of questions. It is a great way to start your home search.
If you are not yet ready for that, check out our “FIVE BUYER TIPS.” Read over these points before you go to see your very first home and before you drop into an open house. The good news is that these buyer tips will work for every buyer from first time ones to more experienced buyers:
FIVE BUYER TIPS
1. Pick a neighbourhood or town that you would like to live in. Forget about browsing the internet for now. Drive and check out the area. See what it offers. Try to focus on only one to three neighbourhoods maximum. That will help me to focus on specific features that you want in your area of choice. Drive around those neighbourhoods at least three times at different times of the day and on weekends. See what is going on there. Check the commuting time to your place of work. Are these neighbourhoods still your top choices? For additional information watch the video VIEW NOW
2. Now is the time to get pre-approved by a reputable lender. We have several on our web site. It is very important to know what you can afford before you start looking at homes. Our blog page has an article on the pre-approval process.
For additional information watch the videoVIEW NOW
3. Stop clicking on agent after agent to ask questions about various properties and find an agent who you think will do a great job for you. Note that is rarely the agent who tells you they are the best. The best agents let you find that out on your own and they demonstrate their expertise by the way they work with you.
For additional information watch the video VIEW NOW
4. Stop looking at fixer-uppers. They are definitely cheaper, but unless you or someone you know has the construction skills to fix it up, it will cost you a lot more than simply buying a home that is already in move in condition.
For additional information watch the video VIEW NOW
5. Understand the process. Don’t start learning what to do when you are submitting an offer. Ask your agent to go over the offer process with you and look at a copy of an offer with your agent at the beginning of your buying journey, don’t wait until you have to submit one. When looking for a home you should never feel intimated or feel like you are being pressured into a decision. You need to use an agent that you can trust. Knowledge is power- get ahead of the curve, pick an agent that you can trust and enjoy the journey- enjoy your new home. For additional information watch the videoVIEW NOW
Do us a favour- read over these points and ask yourself “is this the kind of agent that I want to work with? We hope that your answer is yes and if it is, then get in touch, so that we can help you take your first step on your real estate journey.
Both Bev and Keith offer straight forward honest advice. We aren’t here to pressure you; we are here to help you.
Does our Buyer program work?
Check out these comments from some of our Buyers
Check out our friendly, informal approach and put Bev and Keith Beardsley to work for you. No pressure to sign anything, no hassles, just good solid service and information. This works and best of all its FREE!
"As first time home buyers we were so grateful to have experienced realtors like Bev and Keith. They guided us through the whole process and helped us find exactly what we wanted." A and D (September 2015)
"We had been looking for a house for a while and at every corner ran into some complications when we found a house that we were interested in. Keith and Beverley Beardsley though never gave up on us and our hope to find the perfect house. We did find the perfect house with their help and without them we wouldn't have. Keith and Bev were always accommodating and made our first time home buying experience fun and exciting. I will be recommending their services to anyone who is either first time like us or an experienced home buyer. (M and J, 2015)
We love answering questions
CALL OR TEXT NOW 613-897-6839 or 613-552-0851
Bev and Keith Beardsley
Seniors Real Estate Specialists
Keller Williams Solid Rock Realty (Brokerage)
Setting the Gold Standard for customer service
CRT/OTTAWA: Serving Ottawa and its Rural Communities
Copyright 2013. THE BEARDSLEY TEAM. All Rights Reserved.